1. Your feelings are okay– It’s okay to feel sad, angry or jealous. Feelings are neither good or bad, feelings are things that you feel; they’re natural- you can’t help them. The important thing is to never get stuck in a feeling, or become defined by a feeling.
2. You’re not special- We’ve been conditioned to believe we’re unique and special and that we’re going to change the world. The sooner we realise that there are other people out there, the sooner we remove who we are and what we can do from our ego; the sooner we will actually make a difference and change the world, because our minds can change the world, but our ego’s will ruin it.
3. It’s only the beginning- Chill out, you’re young. You have so much time to get where you want to be. Stop being impatient about where you want to be and where you are currently. Give yourself the time and space to grow into the person you want to be.
4. Stop stressing- Will it matter in 10 years time? Thought not, so stop stressing.
5. Don’t be kak- You’re not cool, you’ll never be cool. In fact there’s no such thing as being cool. Keep it real, smile and say thank you.
6. Why so serious?- Stop taking yourself so seriously, believe it or not, you can do whatever you put your mind to and still laugh at a meme and pull an ugly face in a photo. Lighten up, even if your burden is heavy, laughing will lighten it.